The brain is one of the most important part of the body, we should keep it active and healthy. But there are things that badly affects the brain and you may be doing some of these things without even knowing. If you want to be aware of those things just continue reading. Make sure to keep these things in mind for which it’ll benefit you and those who are around you. Here are 15 things that have good and bad effects on our precious brain.
1. Sleep deprivation affects the brain in multiple ways that impairs judgment and slows reaction.
2. Your brain keeps developing until your late 40s, which is why you must keep it active.
3. Lack of oxygen in the brain for 5 to 10 minutes results in permanent brain damage.
4. The brain treats rejection like physical pain.
5. Alcohol doesn’t make you forget anything. When you get blackout drunk, the brain temporarily loses the ability to create memories.
6. The brain releases so much dopamine during orgasms that a brain scan resembles that of someone on heroin.
7. The smell of chocolate increases theta brain waves, triggering relaxation.
8. Forgetting things is good for the brain. Deleting unnecessary information helps the nervous system retain its plasticity.
9. There is no left brain/right brain divide. They are constantly working together.
10. “Sphenopalatine ganglioneuralgia” is the scientific term for brain freeze.
11. It’s scientifically proven that even a small amount of power changes how a person’s brain operates and diminishes empathy.
12. Chronic stress can prematurely age your brain and weaken it.
13. You have taste receptors in the stomach, intestines, pancreas, lungs, anus, testicles, and the brain.
14. According to scientists, dieting can force your brain to eat itself.
15. Violent homes have the same effect on the brain of a child as combat does on the brain of a soldier.